Massachusetts Unpaid Wage & Hour Claims

Harriman Law

Massachusetts Unpaid Wage & Hour Claims

If you work, you deserve to be paid for it. To cut their labor costs, some employers in Massachusetts fail to pay employees in full for all wages they are owed and for all hours that they work. If your employer has failed to pay your wages, you can file a claim against your employer for treble (triple) damages and attorneys’ fees under the Massachusetts Wage Act found at M.G.L. c. 149, §148.

Harriman Law is passionate about recovering unpaid wages & overtime for our hard-working clients.

Massachusetts provides strict wage and hour protections for employees who have provided labor for their employer:

  • Your employer must pay you your earned wages and benefits in a timely manner. (M.G.L. c. 149, §148)
  • Your employer cannot retain your earned wages once they are earned. (M.G.L. c. 149, §148)
  • Your employer must pay you at least the Massachusetts minimum wage for all hours worked. (M.G.L c. 151, §1)
  • Your employer must, subject to certain statutory exemptions, pay you overtime at the rate of one and one half your normal hourly wage for all hours worked above forty hours per week. (M.G.L. c. 151, §§1A-1B)
  • Your employer must pay you the prevailing wage if you are on a prevailing wage project. (M.G.L. c. 149, §27)
  • Your employer cannot retaliate against you for asserting or seeking to protect any of these rights (M.G.L. c. 149, §148A and M.G.L. c. 151, §19(1), §19(5))
  • Your employer cannot take wrongful deductions from your wages (454 CMR 27.00)

In Massachusetts, the statutory definition of “wages” has been construed to include your hourly or weekly pay, commissions, vacation time, and bonuses.

If you have been victimized by an employer who has failed to pay your full and complete wages or overtime, or who has subjected you to wrongful or excessive deductions from your pay, the Massachusetts Wage Act entitles you to recover up to three times the amount owed (treble damages) plus interest and attorneys fees.

Discuss Your Case with a Massachusetts Unpaid Wage Lawyer Today!

If your employer has failed to pay you earned wages or overtime, contact Harriman Law today for a free consultation.  Attorney Michael Harriman is a Massachusetts unpaid wage attorney who will evaluate your case for free to help you determine the most strategic way to proceed with your claim. Call or email us today to schedule a free consultation.